· Rounds- A bumper crop as far as yield and quality continues out of central Florida fields. Shippers expect to see some of the lowest FOB prices of the year this week and next week. In fact, we see strong supplies for at the next 20 or more days. There is more large fruit available than smaller fruit and as we predicted last week, we are seeing an inverted market this week where the 5x6 size is bringing less than the smaller sizes. Quality is excellent.
· Romas- Like the rounds, yields and quality from our roma fields continue to improve and sizing is on the large side. FOB prices are down again this week for ex-large and large sizes but steady or even up slightly on the medium size as supplies on this size is tighter. Quality is excellent.
· Grapes- Excellent supplies continue to put downward pressures on FOB prices. Like rounds, FOB prices are probably at the lowest they will be all year. Quality is very good to excellent.
· Cherries- Supplies continue to increase and FOB prices have fallen again to near floor levels. Quality is very good.
· Weather forecast- Ruskin: The weather has not been as good today nor is it forecasted to be as good as it has been over the past several weeks. Cloudy with rain today and on Wednesday and cloudy and windy on Thursday. Highs will only be in the 70s with lows near 60. By this weekend, the sun will return with highs in the 80s and lows in the mid-60s.
· Rounds- Vine-ripes continue to cross at McAllen and Nogales and volume continues to increase in Baja. Quality is better out of Baja than Nogales. Mature greens began to be harvested in the desert this past Saturday and volume will increase out of those fields in the weeks to come. The growing region has experienced rain this week and the forecast calls for more rain on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. FOB prices remain low.
· Romas- Good supplies from several growing regions continues to keep FOB prices at or near Suspension Agreement minimums. Quality is very good.
· Grapes- Good supplies out of Nogales and Baja are keeping the FOB prices of grapes at low levels. The quantity and quality of the fruit crossing at Nogales is not as good as that crossing from Baja.
· Cherries- The supply of cherries in the west is the one tomato commodity that has tightened up this week causing FOB prices to rise off the minimums. Quality is generally less than good.
Green Bell Pepper
East- Good supplies from Florida and Mexico continue. FOB prices are steady to down on all sizes and grades. Quality is very good.
West- Demand is soft. Supplies are plentiful from Nogales and from the desert and FOB prices are down again this week. The desert product continues to bring higher FOB prices due to its better quality.
East- FOB prices remain at low levels but there is upward pressure on FOB prices for quality product. Supplies are plentiful and product is being harvested from Homestead, FL to south GA. Quality is variable but good quality can be found.
West- FOB prices are steady to down slightly this week. Quality is generally good. Crossings continue at Nogales.
East- Like the yellow, FOB prices remain at low levels this week but there is upward pressure for quality product. Quantity is variable but good quality can be found. GA fields have begun to produce.
West- Crossings continue at Nogales. FOB prices remain at or close to floor levels. Quality remains good. Demand is generally weak.
Green Beans - Florida bean fields received rain making fields wet which curtailed harvesting. Georgia is up and running beans still at the bottom of the market. Great item to promote!!
Cucumbers- East- Supplies are not as plentiful this week causing FOB prices to rise substantially over last week’s prices for both selects and supers. Quality remains generally good.
West- Product continues to cross at Nogales at good levels. FOB prices remain at near floor levels. Baja has begun to harvest. We expect FOB prices to remain low through April. The east has begun to come west to meet demand.
East- More supplies are coming online which is causing FOB prices to drop again this week. Quality of eggplant remains good.
East- FOB prices are generally higher this week. Quality is good.